How EDI Software Integration Could Boost Your Business
Business markets are becoming more competitive, and companies must leverage new technology to keep pace. Could EDI software integration be the solution? Few people could have anticipated the depth and breadth of the impact of the digital age when it first emerged around 1980.
In addition to its many bonuses, like the internet, email, mobile phones, and tablets, digitisation has created unprecedented opportunities for businesses with the potential to connect all people worldwide. However, with new opportunities come added pressures, and there is no better way to overcome them than through the innovative application of digital technology to gather, analyse, process, and share relevant data.
Electronic data interchange (EDI) is a technology that saves businesses valuable time and expense by automating many of the processes that would previously have been performed manually. It increases efficiency and productivity by replacing paper documentation with digitised data. When also coupled with enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, the combination provides the ultimate means for a business to gain and maintain a competitive edge.
Securing the Benefits of Software Integration
Enabling different software packages to interact effectively and seamlessly requires the experience, knowledge and innovative thinking of a specialised developer. Needs vary between companies, as do the software programmes they employ. In some cases, an off-the-shelf option may be suitable; in others, a bespoke solution may be necessary. At FenyaSoft, our developers aim for more versatile solutions that can be readily adapted to satisfy a wide range of requirements.
For most businesses, the answer could be FenyaEDI, just one of the many unique FenyaSoft concepts that exemplify our motto of “Automate, Integrate, Innovate”. Its enthusiastic adoption by South African brand leaders like Pick n Pay, Shoprite and Dischem offers more than enough proof of its ability to streamline tedious manual inventory management procedures.
How It Works
- This EDI EDI integration periodically checks for incoming orders, downloading and decoding them when detected, then posting them to Sage before emailing a designated user to confirm its actions.
- The orders are then picked and processed in the usual manner.
- Next, the system recalls the order details using them to raise an invoice and transmit it to the relevant customer.
- The customary month-end statement details can be retrieved via the integrated inventory management software in the user’s preferred format for uploading to other connected systems other connected systems via a web portal.
Some Other Key Features of This Software Integration
In addition to ensuring orders are placed within predefined delivery dates and checking for leading zeroes on incoming product codes, this software integration has other valuable features.
- A mapping system posts orders to the correct Pastel account and appropriate warehouse or store.
- The product supports multiple Sage companies.
- FenyaEDI validates prices.
- It can also Identify items using either product numbers or barcodes.
- The product supports multiple delivery addresses.
- This versatile system can use email or file transfer protocol (FTP) to transmit picking data to third-party distributors.
To sum up, EDI and ERP integrations are innovative, cost-effective options that can help businesses level the playing field by making them more productive, saving time and streamlining interactions. We welcome your enquiries , and our developers are dedicated to ensuring your business success.
Back to Articles.